In Zechariah 4:10 there's an interesting passage where the prophet is warned not to "despise the day of small beginnings."
Recently, I took my car to a significant dealership in search of another vehicle for my mother. I have a car that I enjoy a lot and have saved for for a lot of years in order to purchase.
The young guy that helped me out was talking all about how much he couldn't wait to have a car like the one I had , rather than really focusing on giving me the attention that I needed for the car that I wanted for my mom!
I ended the saga by telling him, "It took me about 40 years of getting through other things, small things, in order to get to something I really had been saving for for many years."
The problem with many of us is that we want something special, something big, something unique to happen right out of the gate. It is very often like God to start us small, start us in a way that's hidden or quiet, and then to bless us as He sees our faithfulness.
That's why the prophet warns "Don't despise the small beginnings" because they very well could lead to great blessings in the future.
If you're in one of those moments, thank Him for whatever your "beginning" is and thank Him that He knows just how much you can handle for each day.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment