Yesterday, I had the privilege of worshiping with my whole family at the Oakland campus of North Way. It was a great service in every respect as Mom’s were honored, babies were dedicated and great worship accompanied a strong and uplifting message. The room was packed with worshipers and there was a clear sense of the presence of God as we poured out our hearts before Him.
There’s been a lot of growth at Oakland over the past years, and not just in numbers. It’s awesome to see the next generation maturing in leadership, communication and a sense of their own purpose and destiny.
To me, this is what we all must be seeking to do no matter what our age. Let’s find someone younger, called and teachable, and help them to become all that God wants them to be. (I met a 22 year old named Lila Rose who has totally transformed the pro-life media action strategy…at just 22!)
It’s wonderful to see the next generation growing in grace, and I’m thankful to be a small part of it.
Blessings in Jesus,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment