My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our Confidence

Dear Friends,

As I write to you today I’m in El Paso, Texas. This is about as “remote” a place as I can imagine from where we all live.

Just 5 minutes south of my location one can cross the border into Juarez, Mexico, where there have been over 1300 murders in the last 8 months of this year. People live in fear and a constant sense of corruption and uncertainty toward all authority.

What a stark contrast to the secure, orderly and inviting culture in which we find ourselves.

One of the men that I’m spending time with travels into Juarez everyday and literally fears that he may not come home that night. He’s a senior executive with a major company and yet it doesn’t provide any protection for him.

This reminds me of what many people are facing as we look at the economic crisis all around us. There is fear and uncertainty and even the people with the most resources have no recourse but to trust in something bigger than themselves.

Fortunately, that’s where our confidence in Jesus should not be shaken or moved in any way. He will carry us through whatever happens in the world around us.

It’s been a blessing to be here and to experience this, yet I am anxious to return home to be able to share face to face in the plans that God has for us and the ways that we can possibly affect needy nations such as Mexico and more remote places.

Blessings in Jesus,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. I attended a meeting Wednesday evening where the program was about orphans in Uganda. These children's situation seemed truly hopeless; and it was overwhelming to think of their poverty. How rich we are by comparison.

    ReplyDelete