One of the marks of humility that I’ve discovered is the desire to learn more about the true condition of your heart. It’s not a “knowledge” thing; rather it’s an issue of maturity as measured by attitude and obedience.
I had a conversation recently with someone who wanted some “feedback” on their ministry. It’s one thing to talk in terms of measuring specific goals and objectives which I gladly did; but when I began to talk about the condition of their heart I sensed a little resistance.
Granted, this is a subjective thing, but it’s something that scripture is rather clear that we are to attempt. In fact, Proverbs 4:23 says that “our heart is the well spring of life” and we need to guard it at all cost.
If you don’t have a trusted friend, someone more mature than you are in the Lord, who can help you to do this than that should be a high priority for you as you enter the New Year. True humility is being willing to have someone speak into your life and what you’ll discover is that you greatly accelerate your spiritual growth and allow someone else to be blessed in the process.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment