Over the past couple of weeks we’ve been conducting “Family Meetings” here at North Way. Our second round of meetings begins this Sunday and continues throughout the week on both Wednesday & Thursday night.
These have been very enlightening and uplifting times for me, and I believe for all involved.
The purpose was to “bring into the light” many of the rather amazing accomplishments that we’ve experienced as a church despite the very obvious trials and difficulties that we’ve had to overcome.
Perhaps nothing looms as more of an obstacle than the willingness of some of our people to let go of expectations and embrace realities.
This is something I encounter all the time in marriages. Unmet expectations, for whatever reason, can lead to disillusionment and a lack of confidence or faith in the future.
When will we accept the fact that things do not always work out the way we had planned or even proclaimed that they would? Over the years I’ve had innumerable times when my plans went a different direction because, frankly, God is sovereign and in control of the circumstances… and I’m not!
The key in all this is to remain humble and openly acknowledge ones failures while equally proclaiming God’s abilities no matter what takes place.
It’s time to let go of past disappointments, whether large or small, because God is doing a great thing in our church! One needn’t look very far to see the excitement in the lives and the faces of children, the commitment of students and the growing sense of anticipation in the hearts of the adults both here in Wexford and at our Oakland campus.
When will we begin to embrace these changes… for me, that time has come! I look forward to seeing the fruit of renewed faith in not the months, but rather the days just ahead! Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment