My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Citizenship

It’s probably not an overstatement to say that we are in the midst of one of the most significant elections of our lifetimes. We will awaken tomorrow to the reality that we will have a new president and vice president elect and the nation will be headed in a new direction, regardless of who wins.

But underneath all of the seemingly endless rhetoric and the avalanche of information, is one incredibly important truth: “our citizenship is in heaven.” Phil. 3:20.

This in no way exonerates me from my responsibility to vote and to submit to those in authority. It does, however, remind me that my true security and the basis of my future destiny will not be determined by the outcome of today’s election but by King Jesus and His plans and will for my life.

I pray that you, too, find comfort and assurance in this truth and that the freedom to vote in a way that helps to shape the course of this nation is a gift that you never take for granted. It is, however, a distant second to our highest allegiance to our heavenly citizenship.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad I read your blog BEFORE I turned on the TV!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN !! Thankfully that is the Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for expressing this truth. I think too many of us put our hope in the government instead of the God of the Universe. My King is still on the throne.

    ReplyDelete