One of the most important disciplines that I have embraced over the years of my ministry is to take some time of solitude and examine, in depth, the previous year. Invariably, God teaches me about things that I have experienced both through blessing and hardship.
There are numerous ways to do this but the important thing is to do it before starting a whole new year and repeating the same practices of the previous year that may have caused you some difficulties.
I take comfort in the fact that even the Apostle Paul exhorts us to do the same when he says “Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves.” II Cor. 13:5
Thank you all for your response to my first attempts at this blogging experience. I’ll make every effort to sustain this as we move into the New Year. I deeply appreciate your feedback. May the Lord richly bless you!
In Jesus’ love,
Dr. Jay
Words to live by Jay...
ReplyDeleteand in keeping with the "spirit" of your thoughts I will step out into a new thing having reviewed that past and found the I was lacking...
I can now say that I have blogged......MB...