My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Remembering the Covenant

One of the things I often need to be reminded of is that the old covenant came with a great promise: that is, that God would always have a people and a place for them.

This may not sound like a “big deal” to us, but in the new covenant, I believe it is the same principle only with greater fulfillment. That is, the body of Christ is the “people” worldwide that the Lord has called to Himself and the “place” is wherever those people gather. Beyond that, however, I believe that there is a component of Kingdom life that has to do with God providing gathering places for effective ministry to take place. Some people would like to think that one doesn’t need a room or a building, but in my experience, ministry happens better in those spaces than outdoors (especially on a day like today where the high temperature is 19 degrees!)

This is significant because we ask our people to give, to sacrifice, for both “people” and “place” as part of the new covenant promise. The great news in all that is that the Lord also promises to provide for us personally as we trust Him corporately for those needs.

Covenant means promise. I think it’s great that we are learning how to discover the fullness of that in such difficult economic times!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment