My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 8, 2009

I Can Feel It Coming

As I wrap up a very brief 6 day trip out west, I’m already in the process of packing and sending some things home and preparing to join Carol and our North Way family on Wednesday morning.

It’s interesting, however, to already sense the rising of the level of “expectations” that come with our full time responsibilities. I love what God has allowed me to do at North Way and hope to continue to provide faithful leadership until the Lord determines otherwise, but I’m also aware that short breaks like this help us to recalibrate just a little and refocus a lot on how much we have to invest in staying close to Jesus in the midst of the pressures of life.

I hope you have the opportunity this summer to do just that. It does remarkable things to your soul to not have things to worry about or try to fulfill even for just a few days.

I look forward to being home but I don’t want to lose that deep soul connection, that intimacy with Jesus that is the literal “abundant life.”

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment