My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Value the Rain

It’s supposed to rain today. In fact, as I look out the window there’s a very light shower even now. Most of the time, I find the rain restrictive and annoying, often foiling my best laid plans!

However, I’ve also come to value the rain and life-giving properties that it brings. I think you’ve all heard this before, but too much sunshine simply bakes the life out of anything around it. And so it is with prosperity and blessing in our lives.

That’s why James exhorts us to rejoice when trials come (i.e. the rain), because it softens the soil of our heart and keeps us open to receiving new seeds of life that the Lord wants to plant ,as well as watering those things which are already growing.

And so I’m actually praying for a strong rain today because my soil’s a little dry and I think it would do me good.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment