The one thing that most of us want to do from time to time is to "get away from it all and just relax.” In fact, every study over recent years suggests this is essential for long-term productivity and "stress control."
But have you noticed that it's never that easy to do? Finding the time is difficult. There's always something for work or school or other commitments that seems to hold us; but even when we do get away, our "electronic tools" relentlessly seek us out.
I finally turned my phone "off" for today after receiving 10 calls in 3 hours. I'm savoring the thought that I can, for a short while, "be still and KNOW the He is God." I'll have to diligently work to not wonder who called or what emails I missed, but strangely, the world will go on just fine without me jumping every time some one reaches out.
It's never easy for any of us to make time to be still, but it makes it easier when we remember that Jesus has been patiently waiting for us.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment