My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Travel Time

When we read scripture, we’re usually not very impacted by the fact that everywhere that the disciples (and Jesus) went, they did so on foot. Today I’m in cars and airplanes and travelling many miles in the same amount of time that it would take the disciples and Jesus to travel about 20 miles in their day.

What an amazing gift that we have to be so free to move about and experience so much of the variety of our nation and world and other cultures. However, we also have the cost of doing so, which is far more than financial. The stress of travel, the physical challenges and all the rest plays a toll upon us that sometimes tends to overwhelm a body's capacity to stay rested and focused.

I think that’s why Jesus was so able to “always hear the Father’s voice.” I pray that in my day of travel I’ll remain in touch with the Lord and that you will as well.

These are little things, but cumulatively it’s what makes the difference between walking with the Lord and just knowing about Him.


Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment