Yesterday, in my travels, I was seated on a plane near a group of people that were travelling together who could not stop telling stories that apparently were enormously funny to them!
I have to say that at first it was a little annoying but then, I couldn’t help but start smiling myself as I heard rolling uproarious laugh after laugh after laugh. Think about it for a moment. When you are around that kind of humor, it somehow “rubs off “on you, doesn’t it? (I think Solomon would have said “A merry heart makes good like a medicine.” Proverbs)
It’s not to say that our problems go away, but we can decide whether what rubs off from us is the joy of the Lord or the heaviness and weight of our difficulties. I know we shouldn’t mask our issues, but we do have a choice to make and I think being joyful, being happy, even laughing at times are choices that can lift our souls.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment