One of the things that’sbeen an integral part of my spiritual journey has been the commitment to being submitted to “Elders”, people here in my local church.
This is a very Biblical concept and one that, unfortunately, quite a number of churches are getting away from.The Elder is a shepherd, a person of discernment, and one who is committed to the local body and the purposes of God expressly for that church. Elders also serve to be there for individual people, to pray for them, care for them, and lead them in times when they feel alone.
I’m grateful that I have a group of Elders around me like that who help keep me on track when my days seem overwhelming and my discernment is somewhat lacking. If you’re not a part of a church like that, I urge you to find one. If you belong to North Way, I hope you understand how very blessed you are to have quite a significant number of Elders committed to these very purposes!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment