My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Up Against A Wall

I'm sure some of you will identify with this next
statement: I have two or three circumstances that
just aren't responding to regular prayer and something
needs to change. I feel like I'm up against a wall,
and running out of options.

King David felt that way on numerous occasions. In
Psalm 80 he cries out over and over: "Restore us, O God!"

What is going on when nothing seems to be moving? I
won't throw down any cliché's here. It's too painful.

I have learned one thing over the years. This is NOT the
time to give up! I honestly believe we can be one day
away from crashing through the wall if we keep the faith.

The biblical term is "perseverance", I suppose. It just doesn't
do justice to how hard it can be to hang in there, though.

My greatest encouragement comes from looking back over
nearly 40 years of walking with Jesus and seeing that
this is part of the journey. And, He has never failed!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment: