My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Why Change Is So Difficult

As I ponder the ways that our church might move forward in the months ahead, I recognize that all of them require one simple dynamic: change! We've got to change the way we see others, the way we "do church" and most importantly the way we reach the world around us.

Let's be honest, friends, people are not rushing to the church any longer. In fact, church attendance is dipping dramatically most everywhere in our country. The reality is that unless we go to where the people are, we will not see them coming to where we are. (You might want to read that line again and think about just one way where you are serving people at their point of need.)

I'm excited about what the future holds because I know we're a church that always responds to how the Spirit leads. Looking forward to seeing you this Sunday, August 2, and for the balance of the Summer and the Fall launch of ministry.

In Jesus love,
Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Change is difficult....the "change" candidate's approval ratings have fallen 3 months in a row from 65% down to nearly 50%.

    ReplyDelete