I had a great conversation today with one of our student interns who has committed his life to being available to our kids for the summer while holding down a part time job at Starbucks.
What’s fascinating about his story was that God used a rather traumatic incident in his life to completely redirect him toward ministry as a vocational calling rather than something he did “because it was fun to do.”
If you knew the nature of the accident in which he was involved, you would understand that he could probably blame God or find reasons to be upset with Him. Instead he chose to see it as God’s way of redirecting him when nothing else would get his attention.
I wonder how often we allow adversity to do that. Don’t we usually see adversity as something in the way of God’s will for our lives rather than perhaps redirecting our lives to discover God’s will? I know I left that time reconfirmed that we must trust the Lord with those details, praise Him throughout and believe that He has our best interest at heart. He can use even “accidents” as providential works of grace to direct our lives toward His perfect will.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment