On a spectrum of introvert vs. extrovert I suppose I would lean pretty heavily on the extrovert side. None-the-less, I value quiet time and certainly recognize the need for stillness and quiet in order to hear God's voice above those voices of the constant needs all around me.
On the other hand, I reach a point in any given day where I just "need" to talk to someone and hear from them about what's going on in their life or share something that God's given to me. I think that's the balance that I see in Jesus' life. He made the priority being still and alone with the Father but then he went out and spent time with people.
I think that's a great way to evaluate your personal life. If you are more introverted you may desire the quiet and stillness in being away from people but the reality is that we have a responsibility to reach out to those who may need our help or our listening ear.
As for me, I'm at that point in my day when it's time to engage. I've had enough quiet for now!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment