My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Finding Balance

It seems that everything that we really enjoy has a certain beauty or appeal to it that attracts us to want more and more of it.

Recently, as I've shared in this space before, I've discovered cycling as a way to stay somewhat "fit" and really decompress my mind and heart from lots of other things that could be going on.

The problem with this is that I cycle with lots of intensity and therefore, over time, I've created a bit of an imbalance in my spine as a result. It appears that it's nothing that can't be corrected with some rather intentional physical therapy and other non-invasive techniques, but I can tell you that there's been a lot of pain over the last couple of months that I couldn't understand. It was the "beautiful thing" of riding my bike that was creating the painful thing of an imbalanced spine!

I suppose this principle is true in every area of life. It often takes pain for us to make a change and when pain occurs we do well to acknowledge it and go directly to find help.

If you're in one of those places where something beautiful has gotten out of balance, then be sure to find a balancing practice that will bring you back into alignment.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Very well said and very timely as usual. The Lord really uses you with these blogs.

    ReplyDelete