My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Green Lights

Some weeks ago, Carol and I were driving up McKnight Road after a show in the cultural district that went quite late.

As we got off of I279 and went north on McKnight Road, all we could see as we looked ahead was a string of "green lights." A trip that would normally take 20-25 minutes (easily) ended up taking only about 15!

On a normal weekday those lights would be a series of red & green, red & green, etc. In those cases you necessarily take much more time to see things happen.

I'm sharing this somewhat imperfect metaphor to indicate what I sense is happening here in our church in these days. We are seeing "green lights"(by God's grace) everywhere we look! God is opening doors, providing resources, creating relationships and breathing favor upon our efforts to advance His kingdom in ways that we've been praying about for many many months!

Red lights are necessary at times. They make us stop and think about things, but I love the green lights!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. It's the yellow lights that confound me. So often I'm looking to God for a red light or a green light about something and it seems like it's just stuck on yellow!

    ReplyDelete