In preparing the message for this weekend on "Intimacy with God" I wondered just how far I've really come in this pursuit over the years.
Reviewing some of the books that I've had on my shelves for years and reflecting on my journals and some of the things I've recorded, I'm struck with just how blessed I've been by many profound insights and experiences with our Lord.
On the other hand, I'm not sure that I have always pursued those with the same passion and discipline that I have other things that I know have mattered to me. (For example, when my back problems were clearly an impediment, I worked diligently to keep them under control and have had to maintain a regimen for 18 years now to maintain mobility and not impede our ministry.)
Do you wonder about such things? Do you wonder if the Lord is pleased with just how well you know Him, how authentic you've been with Him, how worshipful you are with Him?
It's not a cause for condemnation but it is a challenge to me and it's something I hope to embrace head on as I move forward in the months and years ahead. I wonder what I can become if I make Jesus my everything.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment