My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Reading Revelation

Last evening in my home group, we had our normal time of "catching up" with one another and then moved in to our time of content.

We decided to watch a video version of the reading of the first three chapters of the book of Revelation.

I was reminded of verse 3 which says "Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy" and in a way that I can not adequately describe, that was my experience during the course of the next 40 minutes. Even though I've read these chapters numerous times and studied them often, simply reading them and contemplating the magnitude of the perspective of the sovereignty of God and the condition of man and the prospect of future things was emotionally and spiritually moving to me.

I experienced a "blessing" of putting into perspective all of life's issues and problems and realized that there are many things that are much more serious that are worthy of my attention than some of the things I give myself to on a regular basis.

If you've not read Revelation recently, why not seize the promise of this book and spend an hour or so reading through it. You won't understand it all, but you will be blessed as you are reaffirmed in the reality that God is writing history and eternity and we are part of it!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment