As I've been praying for this weekend's message, I've been struck by the incredible claims of Jesus to be the only mediator between God and man.
Either this man was completely crazy or we have to take His claim seriously and share the truth of who Jesus was with passion and conviction.
Hearing Tiger Woods give his brief "confession" today and his reaffirmation of his "Buddhist roots," I was struck once again between religions of works versus religions of grace. I don't know if any of you were affected the same way, but trying to improve yourself is a system that's doomed to failure in an ultimate sense and rarely works in a natural sense.
On the other hand, the "one mediator" Jesus, provides grace for everything that we do and that grace is sufficient to change our behaviors, our attitudes and most importantly our eternal destinies!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Being a golfer of course I was glued to the tv as Tiger spoke. I was really feeling for him as he spoke the entire time about working harder to change, going to therapy, and "doing his best" to be a man of integrity. Those efforts will surely all be worthless without Jesus and his amazing grace needed to change us from the inside out. Everyone will judge Tiger but what we need to do is pray for him and everyone we know who does not know Jesus. He desires all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth--even Tiger.
ReplyDelete