This is the 40th Valentine's Day I've spent with my wife Carol! Even letting that number roll off my tongue makes me sound old but the reality is I remember the first Valentine's day with her vividly.
I was in a one month hold with the United States Marine Corp for my basic training, which was supposed to begin February 1st but was pushed back to March 1st. As a result Carol and I became much closer during the month of February and our very tender relationship had enough strength to endure separation and many months of connecting from a distance.
As a result, Valentine's Day is always special to me because it reminds me that it was God's providence that brought a life-long love into my life and even adjusted my military schedule that we might become one in Him.
Be sure to express your affection to the love of your life and the other important people who have meant so much to you along the way. We don't really need an excuse to do so but Valentine's Day is a great opportunity!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment