One of the things I most appreciate about the character of men and women I work with here at North Way is that we seek to do what the Bible says and that is to "keep short accounts."
In any ministry this size we are bound to have moments when we disagree or misunderstand certain circumstances.
Something like that happened this past weekend which led to a conversation today that was both healing and helpful.
It was healing in that some feelings had been trampled upon during the working of the incident and it was helpful in that we got to understand one another's perspectives in a whole different way.
These kinds of things only occur where there is a mutual sense of honor and respect that's in place and where people invest the time and energy needed to make it happen.
For me, that's what healthy relationships, particularly on a working staff, are all about. I hope you're able to share that in your immediate network whether it be staff, small group or even your family!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment