My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Storm Stories

I am sure many of us could fill pages of blogs with the stories that have occurred over the past few days if you live in one of the areas hard hit by one of the worst storms in our lifetime.

The blizzard of 1993 may have been a couple of inches more, but it melted right away because it was in March. This snow isn’t going anywhere soon and actually more is expected today!

On the other hand, this storm has brought out the best in a lot of people. I have heard numerous stories of people who met neighbors that they have been living near for several years but had never talked to, and this storm forced them to help one another and form a relationship.

I also believe that the storm, in a more distant way, but still very powerfully, has reminded everyone of the awesome power of God’s creation to rule over all of the human technology, energy and contingencies that we could ever imagine.

Most of all, I am thankful for the fact that we live in an area where we are promised that this is just “for a season” and as a result we have something to really look forward to when Spring finally arrives!

Stay Warm and Be Safe!
Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment