My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Long Term Investments

Today was a great day because I had the privilege of spending about an hour and a half with a dear friend and partner in my life and ministry here at North Way.

I won't mention names, but this individual has been as stable and steady as any man I've known during my tenure as Sr. Pastor in this church. It's great to have folks with vision and folks with creativity and passion, but I wouldn't trade that gift of "stability" for anything!

It takes people who are dependable, trustworthy, faithful or whatever biblical word you'd like to use to become true building blocks of a lasting organization or ministry of any kind; especially a local church.

Beyond that, we both shared stories of great joy and appreciation for the way that we had spoken into each other's life and watched each other's family grow up and walk with the Lord despite our heavy involvement in careers and callings.

If you are praying for a friend right now, pray for one like this: someone who is faithful, trustworthy and stable, a person you can depend on to look out for you in good times and in bad.

Blessings!
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment