My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Unexpected Moments that Build Character

In the last couple days, both my assistant, Kathy Bain, and I have had unexpected moments that "build character"! I won't share Kathy's story but I can tell you that mine had to do with "forgotten wedding gifts from my son's weekend" and more than that, a mechanical failure in a car that took several hours to address rather than the normal 30 minutes and "AAA to the rescue"!

During my time of waiting and reflecting I realized how much we've come to expect everything to happen now. I really want to get used to the reality that in those "unexpected moments" we can commune with the Lord, spend time just giving thanks and above all, not lose our cool just because things may have turned out to be a little different than we expected.

If you've had a day like that or even a season, maybe the Lord's just trying to find a way to speak to your heart.

Blessings!

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment