Many people “live for the weekends” and like nothing more than having vacation away from their job.
To be honest, I love the weekends as well, but I love them for a different reason. Weekends are a time when I connect with the people of God and have the privilege of sharing in the amazing experience of encountering God through worship, testimony, prayer and the Word.
I also like vacations but have discovered that the routine of being together with other believers in purposeful mission is something that most all of us need to give life a sense of definition and a reason to get up in the morning!
I have had so many conversations in 2010 with people who are now reaching the age of “retirement” or have found themselves out of work and are listless and living in a difficult and even sometimes negative routine.
God created us to be productive and to be engaged with others. If you have your health and are able to do so then whether it is through volunteering or simply reaching out on your own; whether it is in a small group or one on one, make the most of your days and you will find that 2011 will be a year of blessing and fulfillment not frustration and negativity.
I am glad to be back in the routine of life even though there is some cost to it all. I continue to learn more about who God is, my own need for continued growth and development and most of all just how blessed I am to be surrounded by so many wonderful people who walk with Jesus with passion and devotion.
Blessings!
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment