My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Giving Thanks in All Circumstances!

For the past 10 days I’ve had the privilege of being away from my daily responsibilities and in a much more “friendly” climate than the Northeast has provided for all of us!

The unfortunate part of it is that I contracted some sort of viral infection on the plane ride and spent 9 of those 10 days feeling anywhere from lousy to lethargic! Along the way I felt a tinge of “self pity” moving in and realized how ridiculous all of that was in light of the blessing of having dedicated time away and being able to rest without falling behind in my responsibilities.

When things don’t go as we’ve planned it’s easy to revert to our old carnal selves and complain and moan about how tough things are, etc.; but I found that my whole spirit changed when I began to “give thanks in all circumstances.” (I Thessalonians 5:17-18)

This is an active choice of the will, beloved, and not something we do because we feel like it. As soon as I began to turn that corner my symptoms may have remained but my heart changed, therefore my experience changed as well.

I believe that this may be something that all of us need to embrace from time to time. May you be encouraged in whatever you’re facing to “give thanks” to our sovereign God who rules in every circumstance!

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I needed this reminder today. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete