Today, while making a purchase at a local small business, I was completely surprised when the young woman that was at the cash register mentioned something about being at our Worship Night on Weds. evening.
She went into a fair amount of detail about how much the evening had meant to her and about the quote that I had shared from an Oswald Chambers reading earlier in the month of May.
What struck me about that moment was how important even casual conversations with people can become. I did not recognize the young woman that was assisting me and had never really spent any time with her at the church. However, she knew me and also had recently had a very positive experience which we were both able to celebrate in just a few casual moments together.
This all serves to remind me that every place we go and every time we meet someone we literally are "on display" and representing Jesus to people.
This isn't a burden for me, but a real privilege and one that I have to keep in mind regardless of where I go or who I'm speaking with. I never know when I'll have an opportunity to affirm their beliefs or possibly allow fear or doubt to erase something positive!
God is faithful and it's such a blessing to serve Him, even in unexpected moments when we get to celebrate the good things He's done.
Remember that you are His ambassador wherever you go as well!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
I had one of those moments yesterday. The moment when you know you are His ambassador and you need to stop what you're doing and talk to someone. It was a cool random conversation on a street in Downtown Pittsburgh. It makes you remember to hear God all the time.
ReplyDelete