A good uplifting conversation, however, is a step in that direction. When I leave a 20 minute phone call, or a lunch meeting or an hour in office with a partner and literally "feel built-up"; then I know something lasting has transpired.
The men I spoke with today were all men that I value and respect, men with whom I have lasting relationships that go beneath the "surface" of life's issues. Two of exchanges were similar in topic, and the other three were totally unrelated; but all of them spoke to areas in my life (or theirs) that were challenging or perhaps opportunistic. They all made me "think" about situations with different lenses than I had before and opened doors of hope where things seem to be bogged down.
I count these as incredible blessings in a time when so often hours are spent in
dealing with problems or superficial issues. It was a long day; but a very rich one that makes me anticipate what God may have for me tomorrow!
Blessings,
Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment