My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Looking Back While Moving Ahead

Last evening, I was privileged to meet with the very committed group of men that comprise the North Way Christian Community eldership from all locations.



It was a very encouraging meeting on many levels as stories of life change, baptisms, spiritual commitments and increasing outreach seem to be developing at every location where North Way has established a presence. (That is no small matter and one in which I give great thanks to God!).



I was then able to share with the men that this would be the last formal Elders meeting that I would be leading, though I will continue to participate as an Elder in the coming months and years. The wonderful time of reflection with several Elders who have made this long journey with me offered some insights that even I had forgotten about which reflected upon God’s Grace and our willingness to take risks of Faith that led to the establishment of North Way and the ministry as we know it today.



It is not easy looking backwards because you do not want to get hung up on “the way it was”. You simply have to give thanks and move forward and keep your eyes on the cross knowing that Jesus has already made a path that I simply have to walk in as He reveals it to me.



The best part is to know that I am not doing this alone, but in community with other men who share the same passion.



Take a look at Hebrews 12:1-3 and you will know what I mean.



Blessings, Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment