Over the past few days I’ve received numerous prayer requests and had several conversations with people who all seem to be feeling an enormous amount of “pressure” in these days.
I suppose this is nothing new, but I somehow sense the intensity of this is a little more pronounced now then in my recent memory.
Jesus said in John 16:33 “In this world you will have “tribulation”…the Greek word there is “thlipsis” which means pressure or stress! And then Jesus goes on to say “but rejoice, for I have overcome the world!”
What I’m not seeing in these days is a sense of assurance that Jesus is “overcoming” in our lives. It’s something we need to return to and hunger for as followers of Christ and committed members of the community.
I am constantly overwhelmed by the number of selfless and sacrificial acts that take place every day through so many of you who read this space, but I implore you to go beyond acts of service and start first with the heart of God for your life and for others who may need Him. May the Lord richly bless you!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment