or seen the film; "The Help". At first, I was "warned" by a few
folks that this was just a LONG "chick flick" and I would be bored.
That assessment was what I was thinking as I saw 5 women for
every guy in the theatre last night. What a shame.
Like many such stereotypes, this was completely wrong.
"The Help" is essentially a story of what life was really like for many
people in our nation who are still alive today. (The film is a late fifties
early sixties period).
The film was perfect for me, though I hear the book is even better.
In essence the story was captured by one quote near the end: "moral
courage sometimes skips a generation but have redeemed us" (not exact).
The actors were perfectly matched to their roles, and the fact that this
was really how "it was" when I was in high school pierced me.
I left saddened that such hatred exists in our hearts, but grateful that
we are still able to change by the grace of God.
If you are one of those who is hesitating to see this film, don't. You won't
regret or forget it.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment