My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 12, 2011

An Inside View

Today, I had the opportunity to spend my lunch hour with a group of folks who listened to our majority House Leader here in Pennsylvania, Representative Mike Turzai, who lives right here in the North Hills.



Representative Turzai was passionate and articulate about the things he’s able to see changing in our government because of the shift in recent elections and the traditional values that we’ve held for so many years are beginning to be embraced once again because people care enough to be involved.



This has brought to mind the whole issue of what does it take to get things done. Good intentions abound everywhere. People want to make a difference but I see very little happening because so many people won’t give an extra hour, won’t spend time to talk with people who can make a difference, won’t give any of their resources to see these things through.



When I hear someone like Representative Turzai talk about the amazing influence that dedicated people can have, (passionate and sacrificial people, which is by definition what a Biblical Christian is), then I wonder what keeps more of us from engaging in the spiritual battle with that same passion.



If we expect people to come to Christ or to know the blessing of the kingdom of God in their lives, we’ve got to become more personally engaged, and that’s the bottom line. Otherwise, the options of life, the opportunities and responsibilities that weigh on us every day, will simply snuff out any “discretionary” effort we may have.



I was glad I got to observe today. I learned something and was once again challenged to give my all to the things that really count. I hope you do the same!



Blessings,



Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment