My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 19, 2011

It’s been a full week since I have felt “normal.” I’ve mentioned that in this space earlier, but I want to reiterate the lessons I’m learning while recovering from whatever affliction I’ve been struggling with.



First and foremost is the fact that there are untold numbers of people who deal with physical and other kinds of challenges that drain the joy from their day. I think that was the thing that I struggled with the most. I had no joy in my efforts, no joy in my reading, no joy in my conversations because I simply felt terrible.



The other thing I’ve learned is that the Lord is worthy of thanksgiving, praise and worship despite how I feel. The few times that I did make the effort to thank the Lord for what He was doing in my life, I did feel a sense of His pleasure in that and understand it’s often when we give the “sacrifice of praise” (Hebrews 13) that the Lord receives the greatest pleasure.



Now that I’m starting to feel good again I’m all the more resolved to share the joy that I have with those in need.



Blessings in Jesus,



Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment