I met this morning with 30 pastors who were gathered together to spend time with a very well known leader and pastor, Bill Hybels, from Willow Creek Community Church.
Although Bill’s primary mission was to promote the ”Leadership Summit”, he gave the opportunity for the pastors to share their “2 greatest challenges”. It was an amazing time on a number of levels as we went around the circle and heard from the men and women who represented churches from all around our region.
One thing became very apparent to me. Churches everywhere are facing challenges because our lives are complicated! Families are hurting, hearts are breaking and people are searching for eternal answers to life’s questions. Beyond that, there are many wonderful people who have lots to offer and they’re wondering how they can make a contribution.
I left that 2 hour meeting thanking the Lord that even though I have challenges to face, I am blessed to face them in a community of people who believe that God is able to do “exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think” (Eph 3:20). If we can keep our eyes of faith on that truth it makes all of our challenges a little easier to bear and to believe.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment