It’s become increasingly clear t o me over the past couple of years that when it comes to “moving people” into serving the Lord, a project, missions, or just finding their own personal calling, nothing moves them like a personal conversation.
As obvious as this may seem, because our culture has become so increasingly tech driven, personal conversations are no longer the norm. People tend to go online and watch a video or listen to a talk, but they’re not as likely to sit with someone and open up their heart and share what their true struggles or inclinations might be.
I’ve re-committed myself to spending more time with individuals over the coming summer months. I want to use every opportunity I can to be with people because I believe that in every person there is a gift, a treasure (according to Romans 12) that needs to be opened up and released for the glory of God.
Never underestimate what you can do by simply sitting across the table from someone and telling them that you believe that God can do great things through them!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment