My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Marathon Meeting Days

Yesterday was one of those “marathon meeting days”. We all know what those are like in our respective worlds. They begin with some time with the Lord, (hopefully), and don’t end until it’s so late that all you can really do is crawl into bed or watch the local news before falling asleep.

However, I have to say that in the midst of that I was reminded that every one of those meetings is about people and what God is doing through the ministries that affect them. Somehow, meetings take on a whole different prospective when you realize that people are directly affected by the things that you are discussing. When I can envision the outcome of one of these meetings as being a redeemed heart, a restored marriage or a renewed passion for life then those long days of meetings make me feel like it’s been time well spent.

So as you face your next series of meetings, look at it through the lens of the people that you’ll be affecting. It may change the way you view your day!

Blessings,

Pastor Jay

2 comments:

  1. i've been trying to comment on here for a few days now...I'm starting to get a complex. ha. keep up the blog man...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it’s difficult in a “secular” career to look at an endless day of meetings and conference calls with any sense of meaning or personal fulfillment when the topics are something like the next marketing “spin” on the same old product or service, or an increase in sales expectations from the current unattainable levels to the new completely impossible levels…. but, I also know that through that job, God supplies my needs and my families needs and more importantly, through the job, He give us the ability to give generously to make sure that the finances necessary to sustain those life changing ministries are there.

    So, I think I will look at my next day of meetings and conference calls as time well spent.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    Gregg Hill

    ReplyDelete