For some of you who might be regular visitors to this sight, you might find it strange that I would be rather excited about Halloween. In fact, it’s not a “holiday” by my definition, but it is clearly a day that many people in our country take advantage of the opportunity to express themselves in unusual ways!
What does have me excited this year is that we are giving that opportunity to several hundred inner city kids related to the Helen Faison School project that we’ve been involved in over the past couple of years. For the first time, in the recollection of many people, the kids are going to have a safe environment where they too can dress up”, get some candy and a few other surprises and just have fun being kids in a way that they’re not used to.
I’m so proud of the volunteers that serve at North Way to make this happen, and the many wonderful people who are part of the larger community that are serving these kids who rarely get to do the things that we take for granted.
It’s so good, it’s almost scary!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
It's easy to take a safe neighborhood for granted! I love to go for walks at night when you can see the stars, and I feel safe doing that in my neighborhood. Northway-ites work hard to extend the "circle of safety" for kids in so many ways. Go, team!
ReplyDelete