One of the most disturbing things of the recent political campaign, as well as the economic situation in which we find ourselves, is the inability to trust the sources of our information.
It’s a very serious thing when the people who are responsible for information prove to be unreliable or “change their interpretation” of certain facts. None of this would have changed the outcome of the election, nor would it have changed the financial situation, but it does make it difficult to know how to find security as before.
At a deep level, this is why I so value the truth of the Word of God! No matter what situation I encounter, I find that I can come to the settled confidence and certainty that God is not going to mislead me and that His Word is truth (see John 17:17). As a result, I can make wise decisions and act accordingly and know that I needn’t fear that God will change His mind about anything that really matters.
Think about that today and give thanks to the Lord for His unchanging love and certain truth!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment