My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Never miss!

There are times in every service when I can sense that the Spirit of the Lord is "present". On certain days, that sense is multiplied to a very powerful level.

Yesterday, particularly at the 11:00 service,there were several of those moments. Different things speak to different people. I've come to appreciate that and therefore every song, every prayer, and certainly, what is shared in the message is important.

For one person who asked for prayer, it was the point about "acceptance" from God which he had not been able to find from his peers or career path. The fact that the
manger stands as God's statement of "acceptance" was very moving for him.

I found that the song "Everlasting God" sung by Pastor Rob and Amy Smith touched me at the core because of all the change that I've had to process this past year. It was just a "moment" for me as the Lord reminded me that He hasn't changed and is totally prepared to provide for all of my needs despite the circumstances of life I might be facing. What a gift, as I held the Communion elements in my hand as "proof" of His promises!

Never miss a worship service if you can help it. God always has something for you!

Blessings,

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment