My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

People Moments

Little did I know when I began my day last Friday that events would snowball to such a degree that I would go for 4 days before being able to make another entry in this daily journal. It’s my intent to record something here every Monday through Friday (and perhaps even eventually on the weekends!), but sometimes it’s the people that get in the way of my plans!

I’ve come to realize that even though recording snapshots of my thoughts in a day are important to many of you (for which I am very honored) there are occasions when I simply can’t leave a transformational moment in order to get to my computer in time to do this blog before it has to be posted.

Like many things in life, it comes down to choices and for me it will always be on the side of the people, not the stuff that has to get done to meet the deadlines.

That’s not a commentary on what I think of the communication that technology provides. It is, however, a statement on the fact that ministry is fundamentally about being with people and when those moments come at inopportune times, they require your full attention, even at the cost of other good things.

Thanks for understanding when this happens and know that I’m committed to communicating with you. I also appreciate the comments that I receive from those of you who take the time to send them back to me (and other readers).

As we get into the heart of the Christmas season, those priorities will remain the same and hopefully all of us will have many moments of engaging people who don’t know the Savior who came to this earth as a child but gave His life as a man to redeem us all for eternity!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment