My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Thinking About

As most pastors do in these final weeks of the year, my mind turns toward the gift of Christmas and the incredible statement of God in the incarnation of Jesus.

Theologians have long held that we cannot really “wrap our heads around” the idea of God coming in the flesh.

It seems the more I journey in the faith, the more I agree with that assessment. It’s one thing to send an example or a hero figure or even a great leader, it’s something all together different, an entirely different dimension of truth that God became flesh and dwelt among us.

This makes the immutability (changelessness) of Christmas that much more wonderful. It means that every year, despite the external circumstances of the economy or politics or world situation, I know that I know that God’s love for me… and for you, will never change! Jesus demonstrated this in coming to the earth!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment