This Christmas we’re going to do something that’s quite unusual for us. We were approached by KDKA-TV, the most watched local network station, with a “package deal” on some Christmas commercials that was really quite a great opportunity.
When it comes to making an investment like this one has to consider other places the money could go. I wrestled with this for awhile because I know there are families in need, missions that are worthy, and an unusual pressure on the entire community because of the economic climate.
At the same time, people have not been more open to the possibility that maybe they need to be closer to God than they are during this Christmas season. I think it’s a result of all the pressure they feel and the uncertainty of other conditions that we find ourselves addressing as we enter 2009.
I’m excited that we can be speaking to our city in this very small way with a message of hope and the unchanging Word of God! I pray that many thousands will be encouraged to go back to their church, if not come to ours!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
How does one give to support this sort of effort? I'd like to contribute.
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon Pastor Jay.
ReplyDeleteAs one member, I support your decision and think it's a great INVESTMENT. We are also proud of
Northway's financial diligence and care of resources.
My wife and I pray that these seeds will find their way to very fertile soil.
In response to a recent blog on “Spreading the Good News” via broadcast TV, some interest was expressed in supporting this effort. Thank you for understanding the importance of sending a positive message to people who may not otherwise know that they are welcome at our gatherings.
ReplyDeleteIf you are interested in supporting this effort, simply send your donation to North Way Christian Community, 12121 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA, 15090 and mark “Media Outreach” on the memo line. This will assure that your donation will help spread the good news through the airwaves!