My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

What is it that we fear?

In this Christmas season there are many messages around us about the hopefulness that Jesus brings to our lives. As we’ve been talking in our services, the manger represents the eternal expression of the victory, love and possibilities that Jesus brought to the earth.

None-the-less, fear continues to condemn us at every turn. God often uses people, sometimes unwittingly, to deliver messages of inadequacy or even failure that cause us to think that somehow we just aren’t going to “make it”.

One of my deep desires for this Christmas season is that the eternal message of Jesus’ presence with us (Emmanuel means God with us) would also be my every day experience. That may not be the newest insight you’ve ever received, but I wonder how many of us will live that way when we face the “fear-balls” that Satan seems to hurl at us.

For today, I think I’m living above those ‘fear-balls” and keeping my eyes on the One who came to this earth, identified with all that I’m going through, and said I’ll take care of you: You’ll make it! What more could any of us ask for?!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment