In 24 hours we’ll be holding our first Christmas Eve service of 2008. I’m already excited about the possibilities of what God can do in that little slice of time that so many thousands of people will be giving to honor the birth of Jesus.
My heart’s cry is that every one of us would consider the people that are all around us who, for whatever reason, don’t quite “get it”. They are good people, they might even be church goers, but they’ve never really encountered the “real” Jesus. My prayer is that not just during the service, but throughout this holiday, each of our lives would incarnate the humility, compassion and grace that Jesus exemplified throughout His life and culminated in His resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father.
I love this time of year and I love this day… the day before the night before Christmas.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment