Though Carol and I have the unbelievable privilege of being out of town for this past week, I heard from many North Way friends and my own family members just how difficult the weather has been this last week and especially this last weekend!
However, I also discovered that we had 2500 people in Saturday night and Sunday morning worship at our North Way campuses over the weekend! How do we explain that? How do people find the will to get up and overcome the elements to gather together for worship?
The answer is pretty clear to me. More than anything, we are a community and we want to be together so therefore when the weather forces us to stay inside, the innate desire to be "in community" grows and the unexpected affect of that is a widespread effort to overcome the obstacles and be with God's people!
The fact that we have held the 20/20 rule (20 inches or snow or 20 below zero are the only reasons we would consider cancelling our services!) assures people that we will be there even if only a portion of our folks can make the service.
However, it's evident from this last weekend that thousands want to be together and I am really thrilled when people express their support by gathering in such significant numbers.
I appreciate all of the team and their efforts to make things work. Believe me, it's not easy to gather volunteers, do rehearsals, fix over taxed equipment and make things work in severe conditions but all of our North Way family knows how important it is to be together and therefore you had a great experience this past weekend!
I look forward to seeing you this weekend as we talk to Jason & Kelly Frey Luhn about their amazing experience with baby Bennett.
In the meantime, I pray that conditions do get just a bit easier so that even more people will join with us!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment