As I pulled up to a car dealership that's managed by one of my good friends in the church, he had a big smile on his face.
"I thought you were heading out to someplace warm," he said with a smile!
Here we were, in the midst of yet another round of rather significant snow, the temperature dropping into the teens and the forecast looking really grim and he was literally smiling for me and the upcoming break that I had planned some months ago!
You know someone's a friend when they celebrate with you rather than find themselves bitter that they're not able to take the time away or that somehow you're getting something that they don't have.
Make no mistake, in our world a lot of people have just the opposite reaction than my good friend. They would find reason to criticize or even bemoan the fact that God had made a way for me to get some time away from the harsh conditions while they had to hang in there and simply deal with it.
A friend is a friend in good times and bad times. A friend is someone who can celebrate when you have something they don't and a friend is someone that you can share with when you can give them something they need.
I hope that you are blessed with friends like that and the best way to be blessed is to be a friend like that!
Heading to a warmer place,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment